By Eugene Papirer
Presents crucial fabric at the floor and adsorption houses of silica. Progresses from theoretical concerns to software, with a old assessment, in-depth attention of assorted situations of silica adsorption, and effects from contemporary learn. Addresses the necessity for particular ways for every form of silica adsorption and uniquely devotes attention to silica adsorption from resolution. particular issues contain floor chemistry utilizing IR and NMR spectroscopies, desktop modeling, micro- and macromolecular species of adsorbents, and the position of silica debris in part transformation of water. The editor is retired learn director on the Centre nationwide de l. a. Recherche Scientifique, Institut de Chimie des Surfaces et Interfaces, France.
Read or Download Adsorption on Silica Surfaces PDF
Similar physical chemistry books
This ebook finds electrochemistry as an essential component of contemporary actual chemistry, particularly as a department of floor chemistry. it truly is written with no over the top mathematical complexity, and with an emphasis at the mechanisms of electrochemical reactions and the way they're explored utilizing sleek concepts.
Accomplished uneven Catalysis significantly experiences tools for the catalytic instruction of chiral natural compounds. This significant reference set offers the state-of- the-art during this quarter. The the world over acclaimed editors and the participants, who're famous specialists within the box, warrantly the authoritative and well timed insurance.
Presents a definitive state of the art evaluation of the types utilized in utilized thermodynamics. Dis-cusses all facets of thermodynamic modeling proper to the chemical industry-including activ4 coefficient versions, equations of nation, blend team contribution equipment, and really expert strategies for polymer and ele tr@01 e suggestions.
Answering the necessity to facilitate quantum-chemical calculations of platforms with hundreds of thousands of atoms, Kazuo Kitaura and his coworkers built the Fragment Molecular Orbital (FMO) technique in 1999. this present day, the FMO approach will be utilized to the learn of entire proteins and protein–ligand interactions, and is very powerful in calculating the houses of organic platforms and molecular clusters.
- Name Reactions for Homologation, Part 2 (Comprehensive Name Reactions)
- Mixed surfactant systems, Edition: 2nd ed., rev. and expanded
- Molecular Metal-Metal Bonds: Compounds, Synthesis, Properties
- Symmetry through the Eyes of a Chemist
- Handbook of Detergents, Part F: Production (Surfactant Science)
- Elektrochemie I: Thermodynamik elektrochemischer Systeme, 2nd Edition
Extra info for Adsorption on Silica Surfaces
In considering the vibration of atoms the chemical bondis often equated with the spring concept of the harmonicoscillator. The strength of the chemical bondis considered analogous to the strength of the spring in the simple harmonic oscillator, that is, the force constant. ~ u a n t u m - m e c ~ a ~ iconsiderations cal have shownthat the vibration of a diatomic molecule can be reduced to the motion of a single particle of reduced mass, where l/pm l/ml l/m2, andm l , are the masses of the two atoms of the diatomic molecule.
D. R. 3. Chuang, and G. E. Maciel. J. Am. Cllern. Soc. 115:6786 (1993). 61. C. Liu and G. E. Maciel. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 103 996). 62. B. C. Gerstein, M. -J. Hwang. Analytica Chimica Acta 283:1059 (1993). 63. Hwang, D. 0. Uner, T. S. King, M. Pruski, and B. C. Gerstein. J. Phys. Chem. 993697 (1995). 64. G. E. Maciel and D. W. Sindorf. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 102:7606 (1980). 65. J. W. Severin and J. J. Vankan. Philips J. Res. (1990). 66. V. V. Brei, J. Chem. Soc. Farad. Trans. 90:2961 (1994). 67. D. W.
24. L. ". Basset. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 116:12069(1994). 25. C. Brinker, R. J. Kirkpatrick, D. R. Tallant, B. C. Bunker, and B. Montez. J. Non-Cryst. Solids 99:418 (1988). 26. B. Humber, A. Burneau, J. P. Gallas, and J. C. Lavalley, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 143:75 (1992). 27. C. A. C. , 1983. ~ 28. K. Schmidt-Rohrand H. Spiess, Multidimensional S o l i d - S ~ ~ tNe M and Polymers, Academic Press, London, 1994. s ~ a g n e t i s Oxford ~, UniversityPress, 29. Abragam, The ~ r i ~ c ~ l eNuclear London, 1961, pp.